Five Ways to Start Fresh in 2018
I cannot believe that I have already made it through my first semester here at Findlay and am diving right into my second! Although this semester has just begun, it has already proven that it will be very exciting. So far, I think that I am really going to enjoy all of my classes this semester. It is so refreshing to be able to receive a whole new schedule at the start of the semester. This is something that I love about college compared to high school. With a new schedule, however, comes establishing a whole new routine. This can be exciting for some, but terrifying for others. Luckily, I have a few tips and tricks that either type of person can find useful to start spring semester with a bang!
- Start off the semester organized – There can’t be anything worse than trying to start fresh and not being organized. To ensure a healthy start to the new semester, put in the extra work to make sure everything in your life is organized and ready to go. This organization can mean many things. Perhaps you need to clean out your desk or your closet. You can also try creating binders, buying folders, and using notebooks for every class to keep your school work organized. Don’t forget to use a planner as well. This will make everything easier in the long run- trust me!
- Out with the old, in with the new – As simple as this sounds, getting new school supplies can make such a huge difference when starting the semester. It doesn’t have to be much, but replacing tattered folders or even getting new pencils can make a world of a difference. For Christmas, I got a new planner! I am so excited to use it everyday.
- Join a new club – What’s a better start to a new year than trying something new? Last semester, I became a member of
Sigma Kappa and my experience with that has been nothing short of amazing. Now that I am getting the hang of “collegeing”, I think I am ready to get much more involved. Because I am a psychology major, I am going to be joining Psy-Key, the psychology club here at Findlay. Also, because of my intent to enter into the doctorate Occupational Therapy Program here, I am going to be attending SOTA (Student Occupational Therapy Association) meetings. Joining clubs is a great way to be involved on campus, and you can make friends and gain experiences that will last a lifetime!
- Attend campus events – Although the weather may be cold, there’s still lots to do here on campus. One of my favorite things to do in the winter is go sporting events. Luckily, we have many sports teams here that compete in the winter. So head to the pool or go to the court! And if you aren’t a sports persons, don’t worry there are plenty of other things to do. Make sure you add “ufindlay” on Snapchat to keep up with what’s going on around campus weekly!
- Don’t get behind – Perhaps the most important part of starting a new semester is to stay on top of things. If you fell a little behind last semester, this is the time to start over. That is the beauty of college. You have a clean slate, so use it wisely!
I truly hope that you all have a wonderful start to your new semester. Now go out there and get it done in 2018!