Tag: Top Ten
Commencement is imminent.
This transfer student is about to transfer out into not-student life. Was my college education worth it? Very much so. Here are ten things I have learned at Findlay:
1. Go to things and talk to people
I was worried that I would come to Findlay and never make any friends. Interaction is hard and scary for me. However, by attending events and joining smaller groups with Campus Ministry, I found a more personal setting that was comfortable. It still takes longer than average for me to befriend someone, but after two years of effort I have far too many friends to say goodbye to.
2. Oil painting is fun
I thought oil paints were for Leonardo da Vinci and other master painters. Because of all the specific equipment and chemicals required, I never had the resources to try it. I was … Read More »
I am officially at the Detroit Metro Airport with my roommate, Bif, for our flight – there’s no turning back now, even if I wanted to! There are countless thoughts going through my head.
Below is a list of my top ten concerns:
1. Will my ginormous suitcase pass the weight test?
2. Will they know I am an American?
3. Will language be a problem?
4. Did I bring enough Euros?!
5. How will I best communicate with my friends and family?
6. Will Bif (my roommate) and I get along with our other roommates?
7. Is eight weeks enough to see everything I want to see?
8. What is the difference between the bus, the tram and the metro?
9. Since when did Europe use military time?!
10. How do I avoid looking like a typical tourist?
Although I have concerns, I am very, very excited.
Here is a list of the … Read More »